Quick cure for constipation
If you are having discomfort due to #constipation and it is very infrequent then an over the counter laxative may be the best solution for you. However if you are suffering over a longer period then you may well have to look at lifestyle and diet issues that may be causing the constipation.
Causes of Constipation
- Diet – improper diet is the number one reason for constipation – a diet that does not contain the proper amounts of fruits, vegetable and other high fiber foods could cause it.
- Lack of water – many busy people do not drink enough water – it is important to drink water right throughout the day at least one glass every two-hours. Also on waking up in the morning drinking two large glasses of water helps reduce constipation. The digestion process uses a lot of water in the intestines – so lack of water does cause constipation
- #Stress – people who undergo excessive stress levels also do not have the best digestion process as bowel function ceases or slows down when the body senses that it is under threat or a lot of pressure as blood flows away from the intestines to the muscles for a “fight or flight” reaction. Meditation, relaxing music, adequate sleep, yoga or other forms of relaxation can help reduce stress.
- Medication – many modern drugs cause constipation as a side effect. If you have such concerns you should consult your doctor. Also eating more fruits daily may help you with bowel movements. Eating other high fiber foods and drinking more water may also help.
- Not having a set time – have a regular time for bowel movements such as early in the morning and late at night – or any other convenient time so long as the time is a fixed time of the day – this will help your body synchronize its digestive function with your timetable.
Quick Cure Home Remedies for Constipation
- Olive oil and lemon juice – has been used as a home remedy for constipation. It is best used on an empty stomach early in the morning. If you can’ take it early in the morning then wait till your stomach is empty in between meals and then take it. If you can drink olive oil alone then take a tablespoon and if you need a better flavor then add a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Squatting is a simple position that the body and bowel feel comfortable in so squatting can help give relief.
- Yogurt – has bacteria that helps in the digestion process so having a cup of yogurt with breakfast and then having one between meals on empty stomach can help relieve symptoms
- Dandelions – are great for relief from constipation use one or two teaspoons with a cup of hot water and let it steep for 5 minutes – and repeat the process three times a day
- Aloe Vera Juice or Gel – Mix the gel in fruit juice and drink in the morning or Aloe Vera juice can be consumed as required. The gel is direct from the plant and is more concentrated and seems to work better than the juice.
- Eat more fiber and exercise more – has shown to significantly help with improving symptoms. Remember not to exercise immediately after eating big meal – wait at least for an hour.
- Flaxseed oil – one tablespoon with one glass of orange juice drink as required but may take upto 4-5 hours to work. It helps by smoothing the stools and the walls of the intestines and will increase bowel movements
- Baking Soda – has many benefits for tummy aches and also helps with bowel movements drink one teaspoon of baking soda with 1/4 cup of warm water. It will help to relieve the pressure in your stomach and intestines and also neutralizes acid in the stomach.
- Epsom salt – contains magnesium that allows for better bowel movement by contracting intestine muscles and the salt helps to make stools softer by drawing out more water. Two teaspoons for adults mixed with one cup of water or fruit juice
- Prune juice is one of the more common and well known home remedies for constipation. A glass in the morning and one at night will get the right results.
- Go when you have to go – preventing a bowel movement or postponing it is a common cause of constipation so make time for the toilet
We hope that our home remedies give you relief from constipation.