How you can control stress
There are many reasons why we need stress in our lives – however an excessive amount of stress can lead to disaster. Stress can reach high levels to to tight deadlines, medical issues, unhealthy lifestyles, inadequate rest, relationship issues etc. This leads to us to look for ways to reduce or control stress in our lives.
After a search of the effective methods to control stress I have discovered the following five methods
5 ways to control stress effectively
- Meditate and deep breathing – meditation and breath control have been effective means of stress control for decades. You need to sit down with both feet resting on the floor. Your right palm should be open and placed just above your abdomen where you do most of the breathing from. Then take a deep breath and exhale and repeat the process five or six times until you feel relaxed. Then repeat words such as “I feel at peace” or “I feel peace flowing over me” As you get more experience at meditation you will feel considerable change in how you view your problems.
- Take time out and feel – just feeling the world around you and its beauty can reduce stress levels. Go to a place you can be alone – preferably a place with a lot of natural beauty and just feel the wind on your face, the smell and taste that you fell can all alter the way the subconscious mind processes stress.
- Close friends – are like free therapy – select ones that are good listeners and unload all your insecurities and fears on them and bounce off your frustrations on them and get fresh insight on your problems. Get your problems off your mind by expressing them in words are an excellent way to reduce stress.
- Laugh out loud – many psychologists confirm that laughter has an amazing therapeutic effect on the mind and good loud laugh can reduce stress levels drastically due to the amount of endomorphin being released. So use laughter as the best medicine.
- Be grateful – keeping a gratitude journal has become more popular as people realise that gratefulness is closely related to happiness. As the number of items on your journal increase you will find greater happiness. Happiness is an excellent means of controlling the stress levels of day to day life.
This is be no means a comprehensive list of ways to beat stress but a starting point on the ways to control stress. Eating the right type of foods and getting adequate amount of exercise will lead to better #stress management. Getting adequate amount of sleep is very important to control stress – an adult should have at least 6 hours of sleep within a 24 hour period. Rest time and play time are important to keep a mind sharp and alert to work to its optimal potential.
Work out small changes in your lifestyle that can help in stress control and ways of boosting your personal effectiveness in difficult situations. We all have different reactions to stress and understanding your weaknesses and taking steps to mitigate them are an important means of personal development.